Sunday, July 17, 2011

Juke Box at the Old Anch






























The Jukebox at the Old Anch










When Andrew Henry Cornaglia owned the Anchorge it was famous for its pasta and Italian wines, and Henry's favorite songs on the juke box were "On the Way to Cape May" and Dick Todd's "Bummin' Around."

Later, after Johnny Caswell and the Chrystal Mansion began playing at Bay Shores, his songs were the local hits, along with the Skyliners's "Pennies from Heaven" and Dion and the Belmont's "Runaround Sue."

"Got an old slauch hat got my roll on my shoulder
I'm as free as the breeze and I'll do as I please just a bummin' around
I've got a million friends don't feel any older
I've got nothin' to lose not even the blues just a bummin' around
Whenever troubles start to bothering me
I grab my coat my old slauch hat and hit the road you see
I ain't got a dime don't care where I'm goin'
I'm as free as the breeze and I'll do as I please just a bummin' around
[ piano - fiddle ] I've got an old slatch hat...
Just a bummin' around."

TOP 10 SONGS ON THE OLD ANCH JUKEBOX

1) Pennys From Heaven - The Skyliners
2) Runaround Sue - Dion & the Belmonts
3) Beyond the Sea - Bobby Daren
4) Mack the Knife - Bobby Daren
5) Hallaluja - Johnny Caswell & the Crystal Mansion
6) Country - Johnny Caswell & the Chrystal Mansion
7) Just Bummin' Around - Dick Todd
8) Charlie Brown - The Coasters
9) To the Moon - Frank Sinatra
10)On the Way to Cape May -

Also rans: Quarter-to-Three - Gary U.S. Bonds; Ain't Nobodys Business - Billie Holiday; Up on Cripple Creek - The Band; Rock Around the Clock - Bill Haley & the Comets; Expressway to Your Heart - Soul Survivors; Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce;

No comments: