Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Your Father's Mustache
Postcard Title: Your Father's Mustache
Chrome PM 1968
Where The Time of Your Life is Right Under Your Nose. Boston - Cape Cod - New York - New Orleans - St. Louis - Denver - Somers Point - Philadelphia - Chicago featuring the "Mustache stumpers" The world's finest (only) authentic Banjo Band appearing Nightly at All Locations.
Size: 3.5" x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm)
Boston, Cape Cod, New York, New Orleans, St. Louis, Denver - SOMERS POINT?
Thanks to Andrew Anchorage for giving me the head's up on this one.
Chris Matthews appeared on Jay Leno and when asked a series of questions, said that his worst job ever was as a singing waiter at Your Father's Mustache in Somers Point, New Jersey.
Chris, of course, is the MSNBC political commentator who went to college in Philly and spent summers at the Jersey Shore, living in Ocean City and working at the Chaterbox and Your Father's Mustache.
Located on the south side of the Somers Point Circle, in the triangular lot that is now used for parking for the Crab Trap, Your Father's Mustache was a themed bar with a Dixieland band and guaranteed good time will be had by all.
It burnt down at some point, and the liquor license was sold and transferred, to possibly the Med diner, but I'm not sure on that and will have to check it out.
Chris Matthews appeared on "The Jay Leno Show" for its "Ten @ Ten" segment, where he revealed his past as a singing waiter, said he wouldn't appear on the "Glenn Beck" show, recited the Declaration of Independence, and showed off his impression of Bill Clinton.
His ten answers below:
1. The oddest job he ever had was as a singing waiter at Father's Mustache in Somers Point, NJ. He was fired because he didn't clap right.
2. Asked if he's ever seen a ghost, Matthews replied: "Yeah, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton. These guys, you think they're dead and they keep coming back!"
3. The last concert he went to was U2 Tuesday night in Washington.
4. The last movie to make him laugh was "The Hangover."
5. One political show he will not appear on is Fox News' "Glenn Beck."
6. One guest who was so upset by his "Hardball" appearance that he never came back was Georgia Senator Zell Miller. Miller challenged Matthews to a duel while in New York for the 2004 Republican National Convention.
7. Matthews is able to recite the Declaration of Independence in 15 seconds.
8. He can do a mean impression of Bill Clinton.
9. His biggest junk-food weakness is Starbucks apple fritters.
10. Jon Stewart gave him his worst review of his career.